- I’d love to never do my own laundry again. How do I make that happen?
Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Do you live or work close to our Wellesley St shop? Just sign up and come in to drop off your items. If that’s a bit too far for you, but still want to benefit from our service, all you have to do is let us know you want Smart Locker in your building. After installation we will thank you with a $100 dollar credit to use our services!
- Is my laundry safe?
Yes. The only people that have your digital access code are you and Smart Locker. The safety of your garments is of utmost importance to us.
You can always check your digital closet if you are feeling uneasy, we take pictures and document every single item that is sent to us. Apart from pictures you can also find information on cleaning processes, when we picked it up and more.
- How do I pay Smart Locker?
Online. Here’s how it works: When you sign up, you’ll be asked to fill in your credit card information. Once I have safely filed that information, your orders are henceforth pre-authorized and your credit card will be automatically charged with the final bill when we return your clean garments to the locker. To make sure your order is seamlessly completed, please keep an active card on your account.
- There are no Smart Lockers in my building. Are there any public drop-off locations, or can I sneak into someone else’s condo to use the service?
While the idea of a stealth laundry-doer makes us chuckle, please don’t hijack another building’s service. Check our locations to see where our public location is.
- What is an "On Demand" location?
Glad you asked! We want to serve everybody, and On Demand locations help us do that. If you’d like your building to get Smart Lockers, and you have a full-time concierge, I can serve you exclusively in the meantime. This does, however, mean you’ll need to place an order each time you need me. Simply drop off your items with your concierge with a ‘For Smart Locker’ note, place your order on our website or use our nifty app, and we’ll take it from there. Remember, though: there’s a minimum order size of $30 for On Demand locations, so you’d best wait until you’ve got a lots of laundry.
- How does Smart Locker knows when my dry-cleaning is ready for pick-up?
- It's my first time placing an order! I don't know what to do!
It’s really easy, follow our step-by-step here!
- I’m quite busy during the day - do I have to arrange a pick-up during regular work hours?
Absolutely not. We are here for you 24 hours a day, every day of the week. Whenever you’re ready, we are too.
- Do I have to be there when my clothing is picked up or dropped off?
Though we’d be delighted to meet you, no, you don’t. We’re here to cater to you, so you’re not expected to make my drop-off or pick-up times. That’s what our handy lockers are for.
- Do I have my own locker?
No. So please refrain from hanging up that dreamy poster of the Biebs. Just place your dry-cleaning in any locker, lock it, and we shall take it from there. (Remember to place an order the first time, though.)
- Automatic charges are convenient, sure, but are they safe?
Completely. We rely on our third-party processor, payment express, to keep your credit card information on file. When you place an order, your card is charged through their secure network. You can be sure your private information is as confidential as can be.
- Are there any fees?
No. You pay for the items we clean, plain and simple. There are no extra charges for using a Smart Locker or signing up for our services. Our job is to make your life easier, not pricier.
- When will my card be charged?
When we pick up and process your order we will email you a preliminary receipt. Your card will be charged when your clean order returns to one of the lockers. After your order is paid for you will get an email saying in which locker we returned your order to, your 4-digit code to open it and the final receipt.
- How quickly will I get my clothing back?
You’re asking this because you’re down to your last pair of underwear, aren’t you? Well, you’re in luck – typically we’ll return your order within 2 days (Except furnishing or things like leather). If a stubborn stain is giving us grief and I can’t adhere to that timeline, I may need a titch more time.
The deadline to guarantee pickup each morning is 9AM. The return day will be as follows:
Monday > Wednesday
Tuesday > Thursday
Wednesday > Friday
Thursday > Saturday
Saturday & Sunday >Wednesday
- My coat has been missing a button for an embarrassingly long time. Does Smart Locker take care of repairs?
We do indeed. Just log into your Smart Locker account, select ‘Place a new order’ and then make your requests in the ‘Notes’ section.
- To be honest, I may forget what dry-cleaning I gave you. Will you help me remember?
Of course! In fact, we’ll take a picture of each dry-cleaning garment you send to us and upload it to your Smart Locker account. There, you can share your specific cleaning instructions for each article of clothing and gaze lovingly at your clothes. Rest assured, your favourite blazer is as precious to us as it is to you, and we will care for it accordingly.
- You promised my clothes would be ready within two days, and I’ve been pantless for longer than that. What gives?
We apologise. There may be many reasons why we haven’t turned around your order lickety-split. Here are a few of them:
1) You forgot to place your first order.
2) You asked for special services, like alterations or repairs. Sometimes these things take a little more time.
3) You asked us to take care of a tricky material, like leather.
4) You sent us furnishings, those take longer too.
If none of these things apply to you, or you’d like a little reassurance, write to us and we will work together to resolve the issue immediately.